Thursday 30 October 2008

Rita’s changed her job

At the beginning of the play, we come to know a Rita who is willing to change and become a more educated person. In the process, she also decides to give up her old job in the hairdresser’s and be a waitress in a bistro. I believe there are several reasons why she’s done so.
To begin with, Rita used to hate her customers who could not differentiate important things from trivial ones. She said they would go to the shop and talk about clothes, shoes, massive soap operas on television. Also, they were only interested in outer beauty. They wanted to look like an actress or model they had seen on TV or read about on a women’s magazine, and they asked Rita to transform their looks.
In addition, her new job is giving her the possibility of meeting more fascinating people, like Tiger. She believes the bistro customers are young, and passionate about things that really matter. She has the feeling they are not trapped like she used to be and like the hairdresser’s women she used to attend to, and she enjoys spending time with them.
I think it is a very good decision to change your job if you feel you are not satisfied with it. For instance, if I ever felt I don’t want to work as a teacher any more, I think I would choose any other means to earn a living. If there’s no passion in teaching, children notice it and it could be one of the reasons why you would not be able to exploit their potential at maximum capacity.

4 comments:

romina said...

Miriam, I totally agree with you!We should enjoy our job and if we do what we like and earn a living better! On top of that, a teacher is a very important role for society, I think it would be a vocation, if not it would not be a correct choice in our life.
SEE YOU!

Miriam Rodriguez said...

I see we are both been utopian here in this point!
At least, I´m not the only one!
Love
Miriam

Marucha said...

I agree with both.If we are not able to enjoy our work,but for some people as you say is utopian.
Love,
Mariana

Gladys Baya said...

Well, 3 of you have already shared you believe passion for teaching is essential for any of us to do our job well, and I definitely agree with you all!!! I don't think this is a utopian belief, if anyone cares for my humble opinion!

Now, coming back to Rita, what I would like to question here is how different Rita's new customers are from the ones she used to have ... the next scenes will tell us more about it, so let's see!

big hug,
Gladyse